Every Student, Every Opportunity, Success For All
Government secondary schools in Wodonga are student focused learning communities. Our graduates will display confidence, be optimistic about their future and be committed to personal achievement and global citizenship.
• To be a student focused learning community from which our graduates will:
• Be confident, capable and self-motivated.
• Be comfortable living in a world of diverse people, cultures, and beliefs.
• Be able to establish and maintain effective relationships.
• Be tolerant and act with empathy.
• Be respectful of self and others.
• Make meaningful contributions to society – the local and global community.
• Demonstrates intellectual tenacity and persistence in problem solving
• Be skilled analytic, critical, aesthetic and creative thinkers as the situation demands.
• Respond positively and appropriately to change and challenges.
• Set high expectations for themselves and act to meet those expectations.
• Flourish in a digital world and be a skilled user of evolving technologies.
• Be aware of post school options and successfully access them.
Wodonga Middle Years College adheres to and promotes the principles and practices of Australian democracy:
• We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government.
• We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law.
• We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes.
• We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding of others’ beliefs.
• We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom.
• We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.