Applicants for the Year 7 2018 Literacy program will need to attend an interview on either Wednesday 23rd August at Huon or 31st August Thursday at Felltimber.
Please go to www.schoolinterviews.com.au and use the Event Code: 2ugek to book an interview.
The Literacy Program is run across Years 7, 8 and 9 and is available at both Huon and Felltimber campuses. The program aims to address the needs of students that require additional support with literacy skills. The program is delivered by specialised teachers who provide a secure and open learning environment enabling all students to succeed.
The structured program:
- Available across all year levels at Huon and Felltimber campuses
- 15 periods at Year 7
- 10 periods at Year 8
- 5 period elective at Year 9
- Aims to address the needs of students that need additional support with literacy skills
- Has a limited number of places for students committed to developing their skills
- Provides students with an opportunity to gain new skills and develop their abilities across all learning areas.
An Literacy Program information evening will be held at the Huon Campus Library on Wednesday 31st May 2017 at 5pm.
Students entering the program in semester 2 of Years 7, 8 and 9, will be assessed and asked to attend an interview with a member of the Literacy team. At the end of this process an individualised program will be developed to meet each student’s needs.
All students entering the program will be asked to sign a Student Agreement form to confirm their commitment to the Program. Please see the pamphlet for more information.
If you have further questions, please contact one of the Literacy Coordinators:
Kim Bridge Ben Jones
or contact Wodonga Middle Years College on (02) 6057 9000
- Application 2018 Literacy Program Locked-3
- Literacy Brochure 2017
- Intensive Literacy Contract Year 7