The Academic Advancement Program is an accelerated learning program designed to support achievement for students with high educational aspirations. Our aim is to have all students who participate in the program to achieve their learning goals in a supportive yet challenging environment. Students that are highly motivated and have strong academic results are encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Academic Advancement Program.
AAP Information Session 2022
Missed our Live Q&A and Information Session? You can watch the recorded session here.
5 Things you need to know
A Student’s Perspective
Want to know more about the Academic Advancement Program? Hear from one of our students about their AAP experience.
The WMYC Academic Advancement Program has a limited number of places for competent and committed students. Please follow this process below to apply.
- The Academic Advancement Program Information Night on Thursday April 28th, will be an online event from 5.00pm to 6.00pm. Follow the Wodonga Middle Years College Facebook page to receive information and notification about the AAP Information Night.
- Complete an Online Expression of Interest Form by Friday June 17th. Primary schools to supply Assessment Data.
- Complete the AAP Aptitude test on Thursday August 4th at the Felltimber Campus. There are two time slots available 9.00am – 10.30am or 4.00pm – 5.30pm.
- Attend an AAP Interview on Tuesday August 9th or Wednesday August 10th. Bookings are essential. Details to follow.
- Confirmation of AAP placements and campus will be emailed and posted on Friday August 26th.
If you want more information or have any further questions, please contact Miranda O’Shea (Huon Campus) or Sam Hall (Felltimber Campus), the Curriculum Leaders at Wodonga Middle Years College on (02) 6057 9000.
If you would like to learn about our Year 7 Transition program click here.