Transitioning to a secondary school is an important step in a child’s educational journey. Wodonga Middle Years College hopes the information on this page will assist you in making your decision about which secondary school best suits the learning and developmental needs of your child.
Year 7 Information Session
Take this opportunity to hear from the College’s leadership about:
- The transition process
- Selecting a secondary school
- The College values
- Curriculum and educational programs
- Opportunities at Wodonga Middle Years College
- The College from a student’s perspective
Year 7 Information Booklet
Wodonga Middle Years College Year 7 Information Booklet provides prospective students/families with the information you need to know when deciding the secondary school provider which best suits the learning and developmental needs of your child.
On-campus tours will be available for Year 6 families once the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Felltimber Campus – Click here
Huon Campus – Click here
Live Q & A Session with Campus Principal and Assistant Principal
Wodonga Middle Years College understands that selecting a secondary school for your child is a very important decision and you may have many questions you would like to ask our College.
To ask our College leaders any questions you might have about Year 6 to 7 transition, parents/carers can join our online Q&A session on Monday April 27 at 7.00 pm to 7.30 pm.
Click here to submit your question/s before the session or ask them in real-time on the night.
Academic Advancement Program (AAP)
- The Academic Advancement Program Information Night, Thursday April 30, 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm will now be held online. Join Wodonga Middle Years College Facebook page to receive your Information Night notification, or click here to join. Click here to submit your question/s before the session or ask them in real-time on the night.
- Complete an Online Expression of Interest Form by Friday June 19, http://bit.ly/AAPEOI20
- Primary schools to supply Grade 6 Assessment Data.
- Complete the AAP Aptitude test on Monday August 3, 9.00am to 10.30am or 4.00pm to 5.30pm at Felltimber Campus. Bookings are essential and can be made at https://www.schoolinterviews.com.au/code?code=gstv6
- Attend an AAP interview on Monday August 10 or Tuesday August 11. Bookings are essential and can be made at https://www.schoolinterviews.com.au/code?code=y9bdj/
- Confirmation of AAP placement and campus via email and post, Friday August 28.
For more information please visit the WMYC website or contact Emma Plunkett (Huon Campus) or Miranda O’Shea (Felltimber Campus), Curriculum Leaders at Wodonga Middle Years College on (02) 6057 9000.
Hear from five students that have transitioned from primary school to Wodonga Middle Years College and then too Wodonga Senior Secondary College. These students reflect upon their experiences in each stage in their education journey and their future hopes and aspirations.